June 27, 2010

Moving my iTunes library is taking forever!

Still loving my new purple puter, and setting just about everything up has gone quite smoothly.  iTunes, though, has proven a bit daunting!

First, hubby needed the charger to the old laptop and took it to work, which was fine, but I had forgotten and then tried to start transferring the library.  The old laptop died about a quarter of the way through the transfer.  None of it stuck.  Not a big problem, just figured I'd work on it in the morning.

So this morning I was able to plug in the old laptop with the charger and started transferring the music.  it took a while, but it all transferred.  Wait, where are all the apps?  How in the world do I transfer all the apps?  After about 30 minutes of researching, I found out that if you right click on the iphone icon in itunes while it's plugged it, it gives you the option to transfer all purchases.  Well I wish I had known that last night!

Anyhoo, all the apps downloaded, but of course none of them are organized at all in my neat little folders I made.  So after lots of dragging and dropping and reorganizing, I finally got it all organized again.

I must say, I was a little apprehensive to sync again, but this time everything went well!

Total time to switch everything over?  5.5 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment