October 11, 2009

I thought I was a Mom. When did I become a referee?

It's Sunday night. I'm exhausted.  Here is a quick synopsis of my weekend in all it's glory.

"Ryan stop yelling.  Nicholas stop fighting with Colby.  Nicholas stop fighting with Ryan."  Annie wants to go play outside so I get her all bundled up because it's only about 25 degrees (so much for global warming).  Ryan and Annie go out back to play.  Colby and Nick fight over the xbox.  Colby gives up and goes to play on the computer.  Ryan comes in and starts whining that he wants to play on the computer.  Colby gets mad and throws something at Ryan's head!  "Colby, go to your room.  Ryan, stop yelling.  Colby, come down here."  Colby comes down and I talk to him about throwing things at people and Ryan tries to hit Colby.  "Ryan, go to your room and STOP YELLING."  Annie, who had come in with Ryan, wants to go back outside but she has managed to take all of her clothes off, so I get her all bundled up again.  And I'm just getting started....

All weekend, I was either refereeing or dressing/undressing Annie.  And I am NOT exaggerating.  They fought all weekend.  And it's not like it was just two of them, it was all 4 of them, fighting constantly in different combinations!  I work hard all week.  I look forward to spending the weekend with my family, but inevitably, the children drive me wacko!!!  I finally broke down tonight and sent them all to their bedrooms.  That was at 6pm.  This is the most peace I've had all weekend.  And don't even get me started with how many times I had to pick up their trash.  I'm going to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment