February 4, 2010

If They Say it's Free and then Ask for Your Credit Card, What do You Expect is going to Happen Next?

Ok, first of all, I know I was reading the Huffington Post.  Don't give me any grief over it.  I consider myself to be on a reconnaissance mission.  But I digress.  So, Erica Possin, a college student, is smart enough to realize how important her credit score is, and wants to check it before she tries to purchase a car.  So far, seems pretty responsible.  But the brains stop there.  After clicking through page after page and entering personal information, including her credit card information, she says she was surprised to see charges from a program she didn't realize she enrolled in, and is now suing Experian.

And now it's a class action suit.

The dumbing down of America has got to stop.

ATTENTION PEOPLE:  If you are being asked for your credit card information, it isn't to send you a birthday card!  And frankly, if you think you should be receiving something for free, why would they need your credit card info in the first place!

Every week I deal with someone who didn't read their contract and then they are upset with me when they don't like the details.  And our contracts don't have fine print!  I'm talking one paragraph, regular font.  Slow down and read it.  Understand what you are signing.

Take responsibility for your actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment