September 26, 2009

Christian vs Muslim - Double Standard

First, let me say that I one of the great things about America is freedom of religion. But Christians are being targeted more and more often. I just want to know if anyone told the Muslims they had to pay thousands of dollars like the Christians in San Diego were told!


I know that San Diego eventually relented, but still, they were wrongly targeted as is becoming more and more frequent. I'm just so sick of the double standard with religions.

We wonder why schools are dangerous, why kids are more violent, why society has no morals, and yet there are people working every day to remove God from our lives, schools, the Pledge of Allegiance, home bible studies. And since when did the minority start dictating to the majority?

I want my children to learn about all of the different religions. We shouldn't have to hide religion. We will celebrate Christmas in our home, and I will wish people a Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays. When my children ask me what a Menorah is, I will have an open, honest discussion with them and explain the differences in beliefs. They will not be told lies or half-truths, and I certainly won't hide anything from them. Why is this so difficult? I don't think it is.

I hope, and pray, that I will be raise educated children with strong Christian values, who can think for themselves and will not be swayed by fear-mongers.

No comments:

Post a Comment