September 27, 2009

Clean House makes me clean my house

Every time I watch this show, I end up cleaning my house! My house looks nothing like these homes, thank goodness, but something about this show compels me to start cleaning! I've also started a cleaning calendar to keep me on track. Every Saturday I have a list of items to do. Some items are done every week, some monthly, some every six months and so on. It's based on a cleaning chart I found at RealSimple.com.

Anyhoo, I've watched a ton of design shows, but Mark Brunetz is my favorite designer. He makes every home look beautiful. He doesn't do any of that wacky, weird colored, outlandish designs that don't go with any other room in the house. He makes the entire house flow and look calm and relaxing. I really wish he would come do my house. I am really not good at designing at all!

But then again, every time I do something nice to the house, the boys are right there to break it! To date, they have broken a metal bunk bed (bent the frame), their closet doors, our bannister (it's loose, will have to have it fixed), a drawer in the refrigerator, clogged a toilet with a toy and broke all the screens in the house (Nick has since re-screened every window for me). Needless to say, they keep me on my toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment