June 19, 2014

Steak, Alzheimer's and Craps

I've been on this new WOE  (way of eating) since February now.  I'm down over 30 pounds and 3 pant sizes.  So very happy with the progress I'm making.  My parents came to visit at the beginning of June and stayed for 2 weeks.  We really had a wonderful time.  There was a lot of eating out, though.  I prefer to try to eat clean for most meals, but that wasn't going to happen.  I did at least manage to continue to eat LCHF.

I knew my protein was too high for those couple of weeks, but as we were in Black Hawk and eating at the buffets, meat and veggies was about all I could eat, and I'm certainly not complaining about having steak every night!).  I still managed to lose 2 pounds over the 2 weeks they were here, but that's definitely not as fast as I had been losing.

They've left for home on Tuesday, and I'm already down 1.2 lbs in those 2 days.

In other exciting, related news, I did awesome in Black Hawk!  My dad has stage 3 Alzheimer's, but he does pretty well for himself.  It's just the most recent things he can't remember.  So he can sit down at a black jack table and kick some butt.  But he decided he wanted to try to play some Craps with me.  I tried to explain, but there is so much going on, that he would forget what I had told him 5 minutes ago.  So I said, just do what I do!  We had so much fun together, and we won, which made it even better.  Mom didn't do so well, but we more than made up for it.  It was still a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment